Alight at Night is a fantastic excuse to take an evening stroll through Upper Canada Village and see it in a way you never have before—lit up with almost one million lights.
Close to one million lights will be making Upper Canada Village shine brightly once again this year for Alight at Night.
Keep reading for 10 tips on making the most of these new additions and everything else happening at Alight at Night this year.
1. Dress appropriately for the weather by planning to be outdoors for a couple of hours. Upper Canada Village is located on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, so it can be chilly. Hat, mitts, scarf and warm boots are essential.
2. Stop by Christ Church for some old-fashioned carolling. Warm up, take a break and join the community in belting out a few holiday tunes.
3. Don’t like a crowd? Plan to visit Alight at Night in early December or think about purchasing your tickets in advance. Tickets are available online at Upper Canada Village.
4. Make New Year’s Eve special by celebrating with your family at Alight at Night.
5. Put a little romance in your life by booking a carriage ride. Have your own private tour through the lights in the comfort of a luxurious Pommier Carriage. Reservations are required (call 1-800-437-2233).
6. The Bakery. Visit the bakery and soak up the warmth, smell and golden ambiance of fresh bread and cinnamon rolls baking. Don’t forget to take some home; bread and cinnamon buns can be purchased at the Village Store, Cook’s Tavern or at the Snack Shack next to the bakery.
7. Watch the spectacular Sound & Light Show at Saint Nick’s Merry Mansion (Crysler Hall) and then bring the kids inside to visit the Victorian Santa and make a wish.
8. Eat, drink and be merry. Plan to stop at one of the restaurants for holiday dining. From snacks to full course traditional turkey dinners, they have an option to suit every palate. Onsite dining is available at the Café, Cook’s Tavern, Harvest Barn or Willard’s Hotel. You can also visit the restaurant at Upper Canada Golf Course just across the road.
9. Shopping at the Village Store. Explore the wide selection of artisan-made products. From tin-ware to beautiful woollen blankets and more, you many not find a more authentic or unique gift anywhere else.