As we welcome you back to the South Eastern Ontario region we ask for you to be mindful of safety requirements and practice patience with the thousands of residents during your visit.
Providing a safe place to stay, unwind, discover is our first consideration. Our destinations are working on finding the balance of welcoming visitors back while keeping their communities and region safe.
We will continue to update our website southeasternontario.ca to inspire our amazing online community with inspirational content for trip planning. But please check out business-specific websites, social media pages or contact the business directly for the most up-to-date information. It’s important for you to know which policies exist before your visit.
Supporting small businesses is more important now than ever before. The reality is that businesses will close if they do not have the tourist business they are used to prior to the pandemic. We encourage you to help our local economy by shopping and supporting our locally owned businesses. Show your love for a business by respecting their current guidelines. Let’s work together to protect each other.
Because we love our region, our residents, and our visitors, we have provided some safety guidelines:
- If you have had any flu like symptoms or have been in contact with a sick person, kindly reschedule your trip. Now is not the time to travel.
- Maintain a 6-foot distance from others.
- If distancing isn’t possible, please wear a protective face mask.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and/or use hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Use discretion when traveling and avoid large groups.
- If you feel the need to cough or sneeze cover your mouth and nose, preferably with your elbow.
We’re passionate about exploring. We encourage you to explore new adventures within your Province. There are new adventures waiting for you that are not far from home, some maybe even in your own backyard! We’re wishing everyone good health and good wellness as we continue in this time together. We want the summer to be enjoyable for everyone.
-Your friends at RTO 9 South Eastern Ontario