Hello Summer! Festivals and events are some of the best ways to take advantage of the glorious summer weather. As mentioned by Festivals & Events Ontario, this handy guide provides information on the array of festivals and events that take place this summer throughout South Eastern Ontario! We have also included some bonus events to get you walking, driving, flying (any means necessary way of travelling) over to South Eastern Ontario! Which ones will you be crossing off your summer bucket list? Let us know in the comments below!
Please note, this blog is from the Summer of 2018. For recent events happening in our region, visit our Events Page.
1. PEC Jazz Festival: August 14th – 19th
Bonus Events: Terroir: June 2nd, Art in the County June 22 – July 08, Lavender Festival July 07 – July 08, Comedy Country August 18th, Ontario Fermentation Festival August 4th, Fall Birding Festival August 30th – October 31st
2. Hastings! A New Musical: August 7th – 18th
Bonus Events: Belleville Waterfront Waterfront & Multicultural Festival: July 12th – 15th, Downtown Trenton Festival on the Bay: July 19th – 21st, Empire Rockfest: July 26th, Tyendinaga Pow Wow: August 11-12.
3. Verona Lions Fish Fry: June 2nd
Bonus Events: Discover L&A County MEGA Geocaching Event: August 18th, World Barefoot Waterski Championship: August 11th – 19th, Wolfe Island Music Festival: August 10th – 11th, U19 Men’s Canadian Fast Pitch Championship: August 12th – 19th, Sydenham Lakes & Trails Festival: July 14th
4. YGK Craft Beer Fest: June 9th
5. Sunset Ceremonies at Fort Henry, World UNESCO Heritage Site: July 4th – August 29th
6. Kingston Buskers Rendezvous: July 5th – 8th
7. Fort Henry Annual Tattoo Event: July 28th
8. Kingston Sheep Dog Trials Festival: August 10th – 12th
9. Limestone City Blues Festival: August 23rd -26th
10. Brockville Pride Week and Pride Parade: June 4th – 9th
11. 1000 Islands Regatta Festival: June 29th – Jul 1st
13. St Lawrence Shakespeare Festival: July 14th – August 18th
14. Brockville Ribfest: August 9th – 12th
15. Downtown Brockville Fun Fest: August 18th
16. Red Hot & Blue Rockabilly Weekend: August 30-Sept 2
Bonus Event: Island Breakfast: June 20th – 23rd
17. Medieval Festival at Upper Canada Village: June 9th – 11th
18. War of 1812 Reenactment Weekend at Upper Canada Village: July 14th – 15th
19. Glengarry Highland Games: August 3rd – 4th
Bonus Events: Maxville Fair: June 22nd – 24th, Beer, Bourbon, BBQ and Blues Festival: July 14th, Avonmore Fair: July 20th – 22nd, Cornwall Ribfest: July 26th – July 29th, Williamstown Fair: August 10th -12th, South Mountain Fair: August 16th – 19th, Summer Beer Fest: June 23rd
20. Kemptville Live Music Festival: July 18th – 22nd
21. Lansdowne Fair: July 20th – 22nd
22. Delta Fair: July 26th – 29th
23. Athens Cornfest: August 18th
Bonus Event: South Grenville Bluegrass Festival: August 16th-19th
About Festivals & Events, Ontario (FEO)
Festival and Events Ontario has been representing the festivals and events industry in Ontario for 30 years, making sure communities continue to produce unique, quality festivals in all corners of the province. Check out their full guide of festivals and events taking place throughout the province this year here.