Insight Advisor
[booking_engine_1]

Destination: | Categories: | Tags:
Back to listing

MacLachlan Woodworking Museum

SHARE [wp_social_sharing social_options='facebook,twitter,googleplus,linkedin' twitter_username='arjun077' facebook_text='Share on Facebook' twitter_text='Share on Twitter' googleplus_text='Share on Google+' linkedin_text='Share on Linkedin' icon_order='f,t,g,l,p,x' show_icons='1' before_button_text='' text_position='' social_image='https://southeasternontario.ca/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/woodworking.jpg']

In 1967, Sandy MacLachlan created the Woodworking Museum as a Centennial Project. To house the collection, he dismantled an 1855 log house, originally built by the White family in Lanark County, and moved it to Princess Street in Kingston, Ontario. There it operated as a privately‐owned museum for over a decade.

In the early eighties, it was bought by the former Pittsburgh Township and once again, the log house was moved to its present location at Grass Creek Park. With the amalgamation of the City of Kingston in 1998, the museum became the responsibility of the Culture and Recreation Division in the Corporation of the City of Kingston.

The MacLachlan Woodworking Museum holds the most extensive, nationally significant collection of woodworking tools in Canada.

11701177_746809018781840_3065798521192024187_n