Create Memories That Will Last A Lifetime.
If you’re looking for new ways to make Thanksgiving even more memorable, you’ve come to the right place. We’ve compiled a list of our favorite activities that you can add to your family traditions!
1. Take your little ones out for some of the best birding experiences you could have! The Prince Edward Point Bird Observatory is the caretaker for the Prince Edward County South Shore Important Bird Area. This banding site is located along a major migratory route and is a focus for passerines, waterfowl and raptors with yearly reports of rare and unusual species.
3. If you have an adventurous clan, have some fun by paddling the Rideau Canal: Designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the 1000 Islands & Rideau Canal Waterways offer an unforgettable kayaking experience. Bring your own or rent one from local outfitters like Frontenac Outfitters orTrailhead Kingston.
5. Lace-up and hit the trails! Experience nature up close and personal, by walking trails among rock, trees and wildlife. Frontenac Provincial Park provides extensive hiking and paddling routes, through more than 100 km of looped backpacking and hiking trails, and through 22 lakes! The Landon Bay Centre, part of Thousand Islands National Park, has an amazing view high above the St. Lawrence River.
Sightseeing & Tours
8. Have a family day at the Aquatarium. Discover what makes The 1000 Islands so amazing as you and your family learn about local species of fish & animals and explore replicas of long-lost ships.
Entertainment, Culture & Heritage
11. View how Pumpkinferno takes over these historic sites!
Upper Canada Village turns it into a breathtaking assortment of handcrafted pumpkin lanterns, that transform the village into a visual journey. This spectacular outdoor art exhibit of 7,000 handcrafted pumpkins is all lit at night along a kilometre long path in a picturesque 19th-century backdrop.
See Fort Henry transformed into a spellbinding experience filled with glowing pumpkins of all sizes, shapes and designs to fill your heart with Halloween Spirit. This event is family-friendly and children aged 4 and under can join in the fun for free!
12. Visit Prince Edward County Arts Trail. If you and your family are into art galleries then this is a must! Meet artists and curators, and experience great art throughout The County.
13. Get Creative: Have fun with your fam jam and make your own scarecrow at the Prince Edward County Scarecrow Festival. This year, you will be able to pick up all of the supplies and create your masterpiece in your home.
Food & Drink
14. Create the perfect family adventure and go apple picking! Grills Orchards will soon be the apple of your eye as a visit guarantees fun for the whole family. Pick some apples, sip hot cider, and hop on board a tractor ride! Looking for some evening fun? Or heard to Wynn Farms in Greater Napanee and decipher their ‘Under the Sea’ corn maze!
15. Cook up a harvest-inspired feast! Visit Wendy’s Country Market for produce from over 70 local farming operations. Campbell’s Orchard is another fantastic destination for a range of harvest goodies. Not only do they grow over 19 varieties of apple, but they also have a robust selection of fruits and veggies and an on-site bakery!
Share your Thanksgiving weekend adventures with us on Twitter and Instagram by tagging your pictures with #SouthEasternOntario!