Hello! If you’re checking out this page it might be because we’ve asked to use a photo or video you have shared on social media. What does it mean to reply with #YesSEOntario? Here are some FAQs, and our terms and conditions listed below:
Why Are You Asking To Use My Photo/Video?
Because we love the picture/video you took! And we hope you’ll allow us to potentially share it with the world to inspire people to visit the South Eastern Ontario region.
Where And How Will You Use The Photo/Video?
We may just be looking to share the photo/video on our Instagram feed. Other places we may use the photo/video include but are not limited to our social media channels (including Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter)—in both organic and paid post, and here on SouthEasternOntario.ca.
Why Do You Say “Potentially Share It” And Not “Definitely Share It”?
Marketing plans can evolve and we may not use it where we originally had in mind or we may use different content in a placement instead.
Will You Let People Know It’s My Photo/Video?
We’ll definitely give you credit by displaying your username or name on the image, such as on our social media channels (including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter). We will display it when and where we can but a limited number of placements may not allow for it (such as our website header images). We will as often as we can, though!
Will You Edit My Photo/Video?
Some placements may require us to crop the photo/video to better fit in the display dimensions or otherwise make changes, but we’ll always try to keep the editing to a minimum. You took a great picture/video and we don’t want to mess with it!
Hashtag Rights Request Terms And Conditions
Terms and conditions for content providers to South Eastern Ontario, southeasternontario.ca
South Eastern Ontario (Regional Tourism Organization #9) is a non-for-profit organization.
By replying to the request of South Eastern Ontario to participate in CrowdRiff (content aggregation tool) with the hashtag #YesSEOntario, you agree to all the terms and conditions in this agreement (“Terms and Conditions” or “Agreement”). South Eastern Ontario, which does business using the domain name southeasternontario.ca, also agrees to abide by these Terms and Conditions. South Eastern Ontario may terminate its websites or its use of your content at any time at its sole discretion. Any attempt by you to change any of the Terms and Conditions is hereby rejected, and shall not be made part of the Terms and Conditions unless expressly agreed to in writing by an authorized representative of South Eastern Ontario
You must be 18 years of age or older and have the legal right to enter into this agreement and to grant any rights to your name, username, and image (collectively “Name”) and user-generated content (“Content”) in the form of original photography, video or text.
You understand and agree that your Name and Content will be publically displayed and that it will not be treated in confidence. By replying to South Eastern Ontario request to participate, you provide South Eastern Ontario with the unlimited, worldwide right to use and share your Name and Content on its website, southeasternontario.ca; in all of its social media channels, such as Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, including both organic posts and paid ads.
South Eastern Ontario Rights To User Generated Content
By replying to South Eastern Ontario request to participate in CrowdRiff (content aggregation tool) with the hashtag #YesSEOntario, you are agreeing to these Terms and Conditions. You grant South Eastern Ontario and its Destination Marketing Organizations (DMO’s) a perpetual, transferable, sublicensable, non-exclusive, worldwide license to (a) use, copy, transmit, distribute, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, adapt, combine with other ideas or works, publish, translate, publicly perform, publicly broadcast and publicly display your Name and Content (or any modification thereto) in whole or in part, in any format or medium now known or later developed, and (b) use (and permit others to use) your Name and Content in any manner and for any purpose, including without limitation: marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional purposes that South Eastern Ontario or its DMO’s deem appropriate. To be clear, South Eastern Ontario will have the approval, but not the obligation, to use the Name and Content, as authorized in this Agreement.
You agree that you are solely responsible for your Content. South Eastern Ontario is not required to host, display, or distribute any Content on or through its websites, on social media or otherwise, and may remove Content at any time or refuse Content for any reason. South Eastern Ontario is not responsible for any loss, theft, misuse or damage of any kind to your Content.
By replying to South Eastern Ontario request to participate in CrowdRiff (content aggregation tool) with the hashtag #YesSEOntario, you represent and warrant that:
- You are at least 18 years of age, you have the legal right to enter into this agreement and you are not impersonating anyone else.
- You own all rights in and to your Name and Content including without limitation, all rights to the audio, video and or digital recording and performance contained in your Content (if any), and/or you have acquired all necessary rights to the elements appearing in your Content to enable you to grant all the rights to South Eastern Ontario as described herein.
- Your Content is wholly original and does not infringe on the copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret or any other intellectual property rights, privacy rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party individual or entity.
- You agree to release and allow creative treatment in the use and production of your Content at the discretion of South Eastern Ontario and its agents.
- Any information contained in your Content is not known to or reasonably believed by you to be false, inaccurate or misleading.
- Your Content does not violate any law.
- You were not and will not be compensated or granted any consideration by any third party for submitting your Content.
- You will not be compensated or granted any consideration in any way by South Eastern Ontario for the use of your Name or Content.
- Your Content does not incorporate materials from a third-party website, copyright-protected materials, or personally identifiable information of anyone other than yourself.
- Your Content does not reflect negatively in any way upon the region of South Eastern Ontario or the marketing, advertising, commercial or promotional efforts of the region and its destinations.
- You irrevocably release and forever discharge South Eastern Ontario and its agents, directors, officers, affiliated entities, employees, contractors and third-party providers (“Released Parties”) from any and all actions, claims, damages, liabilities and demands, whether absolute or contingent and of any nature whatsoever, which you now have or hereafter may have against any of the Released Parties, or their respective successors or assigns, arising out of or related in any way to use of your Name, Content or anything contained therein.
- We grant our (DMO) a free, personal, limited, terminable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable and non-exclusive license use the Content subject to the following conditions:
Grant Of License By Our Destination Marketing Organizations, Tourism Offices, & Destination Ontario
Our partners include the following (@): Visit Kingston, Visit The County, 1000 Islands Tourism, Visit Brockville, What’s On Westport, Explore North Grenville, Town of Prescott, Merrickville, Bay Of Quinte, Cornwall Tourism, Tourism of SDG Counties, Naturally L&A, Visit Frontenac County, and Destination Ontario/ Ontario Travel. These tourism partners will have access to a media hub with access to user-generated content. They have agreed to the following statements:
- Exploitation of Content is limited to non-commercial uses only, and for the specific purpose of promoting online (Social Media only) their destination as a travel destination;
- Content shall include the appropriate credits (name of photographer or owner of the copyright in the licensed photograph) and these credits shall be clearly identifiable;
- By granting this license we do not in any way transfer any intellectual property rights in the Content to our (DMO);
- They have agreed that they will not authorize any third party to use any Content without our prior written authorization, and acknowledge that we do not own the rights to user-generated content.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless South Eastern Ontario and its destinations, directors, officers, affiliated entities, employees, contractors and third-party providers (“Indemnified Parties”) from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses, costs, expenses or fees (including reasonable attorney’s fees) that any of the Indemnified Parties may incur arising out of or related to the Name, Content or your breach of this Agreement.
South Eastern Ontario reserves the right to assume the exclusive defence and control of any matter otherwise subject to indemnification by you, and you agree to cooperate with South Eastern Ontario defence of such claims at your own expense.
Modifications to these Terms and Conditions
South Eastern Ontario may, at its sole discretion, change these Terms and Conditions at any time. Any changes will be posted on this page and will be effective upon posting unless another effective date is specified.
Should you want your Content removed from South Eastern Ontario website, you will need to send a message to the following: firstname.lastname@example.org. After, South Eastern Ontario acknowledges receipt of your email request, please allow 5 business days for an action to be taken.
Linking and Crawling
If you would like to link to the website(s) of South Eastern Ontario you must comply with the following guidelines:
- You must not incorporate any content from this site into your site or social media channels by in-lining, framing or creating other browser or border environments around the website content. You may only link to, not replicate, the content on the websites of South Eastern Ontario.
- You may not create the appearance or impression of a relationship or affiliation between you or any third party and South Eastern Ontario.
CAUTION: Any attempt by any individual to deliberately damage the South Eastern Ontario website, tamper with the aggregation process, or otherwise undermine the legitimate operation of the CrowdRiff program may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, South Eastern Ontario reserves the right to cooperate in the prosecution of any such individual(s) and to pursue all remedies to the fullest extent permitted by law.
These Terms and Conditions and the Privacy Statement together with any additional terms to which you agree when using particular elements of the website(s) constitute the entire and exclusive agreement between you and South Eastern Ontario.